07 Jun 9 Must Listen Podcasts for Influencers & Entrepreneurs
I have been commuting to Atlanta for my internship this summer. Normally, my commute is half an hour without traffic. However, if you’re from Atlanta then you know how traffic is. It has taken me two hours to get home before in the rain- which is when traffic is the worst. On an average day, if I get stuck behind a wreck, my commute will probably take me an hour or more. I got to the point where music wasn’t cutting it and I needed something else to occupy my mind on my commute.
Recently, I have gotten very into podcasts and the topic of entrepreneurship. I discovered sermons from my favorite pastors on the Apple podcasts app a few months ago and have been listening to those on road trips. One morning I was sitting in standstill traffic on the way to my internship and I decided to search “social media” on the podcasts app. The first business podcast I ever discovered was Goal Digger by Jenna Kutcher. From that moment, I’ve been hooked on podcasts about business, social media, and entrepreneurship; below are my favorites.
- How I Built This with NPR – As I mentioned earlier, entrepreneurship fascinates me and I love hearing entrepreneurs’ stories. Listen to How I Built This to learn hear how some of the biggest companies were built along with their founders’ amazing stories. You might be surprised to hear that people told them they were crazy when starting their business. Also, their determination and passion inspires/motivates me. I get so excited when I see a new episode with one of my favorite companies.
- favorite episodes: Patagonia, Kendra Scott, Kate Spade, Jeni’s Ice Cream, TOMS, Starbucks, Rent the Runway, Whole Foods, Airbnb, Drybar, Instagram, LinkedIn, Panera
- Goal Digger with Jenna Kutcher – Jenna’s podcast is the best for learning more about your social media techniques: branding, authenticity, writing quality copy, balancing work & personal life, Instagram skills, and all things social media entrepreneurship. This is great because you’re learning things and researching without having to read, so you can make the most of your time while driving or getting ready in the morning. Jenna is so personal with her podcasts, I feel like I’m on a phone call with a friend. Jenna started out as a photographer, and became the #1 wedding photographer in all of Wisconsin. She is multi-passionate and is also a social media/business educator. I’ve never regretted listening to one of Jenna’s podcasts; they’re authentic, real, and enlightening. Jenna is also a follower of Christ, which engages me with her content even more. I could list even more episodes from her podcast, but we don’t have room for that; you’ll have to check it out for yourself.
- favorite episodes: How to Balance Being Multi-Passionate, Authentic Social Media Marketing, The Secret to Growing a Niche Business with Lindsey Roman, How to Create Less Content With More Impact, Writing a Book 101 with Rachel Hollis, How I Doubled My Instagram Growth in 1 Month, Branding, 5 Ways to Outsource Your Life, 5 Ways to Be More Social on Social Media, Social Media, What You Should Know About Sharing Your Faith, What Nastia Liukin Learned After Her Gold Medal, Founder of Giving Keys
- The Influencer Podcast with Julie Solomon – Working in the field of social media, it’s constantly changing. Thus, you must be constantly learning and researching. Julie’s podcast keeps you up to date in all things new in the influencer marketing realm & she interview social media’s top influencers.
- favorite episodes: Carly Cristman, co-founder of Fohr Card, YouTube with Nikki Phillippi, Founder of Giving Keys, Emily Ley of Simplified Planners
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield – I’ve only listened to a few of these episodes, but the ones I’ve listened to have been very informative on online marketing.
- favorite episodes: How to Get Noticed Online When You’re Just Starting Out, Pinterest with Jenna Kutcher
- The Science of Social Media by Buffer – Buffer is a site that I sometimes use for managing social media and scheduling tweets & Instagram posts. They’ve got a great podcast that goes over the science of social media and how it works.
- favorite episodes: On Entrepreneurship Creativity, Social Media, & Becoming a Better Marketer, How to Use Hashtags: How Many, Best Ones, & Where to Use Them, Why We Think Social Media Is For Branding & Engagement, Instagram Algorithm, YouTube Marketing 101
- Side Hustle School – This podcast is all about improving your “side hustle.” A side hustle is “a way to make some extra cash that allows you flexibility to pursue what you’re most interested in. It can also be your true passion – a chance to delve into fashion, travel or whatever it is you care about the most without quitting your day job,” (Entrepreneur.com).
- favorite episodes: Create a New Source of Income Without Quitting Your Job, Craiglist Wedding Photographer with Jenna Kutcher, Airbnb for Dogs, College Student Gets 50M views on YouTube
- Building a Story Brand with Donald Miller – Basically, the point of this podcast to to build a brand with a story rather than just having a company. You can even brand yourself, you have a personal brand even if you’re not trying. So Donald Miller is a pretty cool dude, he knows Bob Goff personally & met him while adventuring near a YoungLife camp. This podcasts tells you how to build a story brand through interviewing people who have done it i.e. Bob Goff.
- favorite episodes: Bob Goff Interview, TOMS Founder, Dave Ramsey, Dave Salyers of Chik-fil-a, Toi Sweeney of QVC, Claire Ortiz, Ben Crane on PGA Tour
- The Startup Addict – This is a podcast run by Nick Swinmurn, the founder of Zappos. This is a podcast for entrepreneurs (or those fascinated with those entrepreneurialism) who want to listen to free education to improve their startup business.
- favorite episodes: I founded Zappos, Putting True Passion Into Your Startup, founder of YouTube, Invest in Yourself
- Hashtagged: An Instagram Podcast – Every week an influential Instagrammer is interviewed on the podcast. If you’re anything like me, then you get oh so frustrated with the Instagram algorithm and its constant updates. This is the most informative podcast about Instagram, and I love it.
Leave a comment if you’re also a creative influencer or entrepreneur with your links. I’d love to check out your content and/or business & hear your story! I thrive & get so excited when I hear others talk about their passions (on a serious note actually). Heck, I’m excited right now to post this & read comments. Also, leave a comment with your favorite podcasts!!!